Operation System requirement:
Minimum Hardware specification:
- 4 core CPU (prefer dedicated cores)
- RAM requirements
* 12 GB for on-premise servers
* 16 GB in case of cloud-based servers
- SSD or server HDD
* Storage size depends on the number of files and contents you want to store on the server.
- The minimum recommended storage size for the system is 50GB (not including the data).
- An additional volume for the content files (separated storage volume).
- An additional volume for the backups and the logs (separated storage volume).
* Preferred dynamically extendable storage.
* Raid configuration is recommended for higher performance and security.
The amount of devices the server can handle heavily depends on the use-case, but above 1000 devices we highly recommend the 8 core CPU and 32GB RAM configuration.
Recommended Operating System:
- Rocky 8
- RHEL 8
- Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
- Debian 11
- Stable network
* At least 100Mb/s connection between the server and the devices.
* Ping under 100ms between the server and the devices.
- For video streams, we recommend a dedicated Gigabit local subnetwork.
- Each network layer must support websocket (server reverse proxies, client's network and proxies, both for devices and editor users).
- Opened ports statement
* Nginx - 80, 443/tcp - inbound
* NTP - 123/udp
* SSH connection port, usually 22/tcp - inbound
- For some functions to work the server has to be able to reach the following cloud services:
- Required, except for offline on-prem installations.
- Short-URL generation for contents.
- Weather widget.
- Pixabay and Pexels picture API.
- Download and update new translations automatically.
- Automatic device application update.
- To be able to use central, curated live data sources.
- Coming soon:
We will need an SSH connection to your server if we need to configure/install it!
If you want us to white-label your server, click here for more information about White Labeling.